Solar powered water pump
A solar-powered water pump is running on electricity generated by solor photovoltaic panels or grid electricity. The operation of solar powered pumps is more economical mainly due to the lower operation and maintenance costs and has less environmental impact.
- Small or medium size solar panels
- Stand & Accessories
- Minimum 1 HP
- Maximum 15 HP
- Flow Range : Upto 9m3/h
- Head Range : Upto 238 mts
The size of the PV-system is directly dependent on the size of the pump, the amount of water that is required (m³/d) and the solar irradiance available.
The purpose of the controller is to match the output power that the pump receives with the input power available from the solar panels.
Voltage of the solar pump motors can be AC (alternating current) or DC (direct current).
- Solar powered water pumps can deliver water for domestic and irrigation purposes.
- Direct current motors are used for small to medium applications up to about 2.5HP rating which are more efficient than AC Pumps. These can be run also AC 230V.
- Water supply from borewell to Homes / Apartments / Agriculture.
- Suitable for Drip irrigation / Micro irrigation
- The controller usually provides a low voltage protection. This increases the lifetime of the pump thus reducing the need for maintenance.
- Maximum yield of this pump is upto 97% and overall service life is 5 to 8 years excluding solar panel.
- The larger systems can deliver about 140,000 liters of water/day.
- 100% stainless steel
- Dry-running protection
- Permanent magnet motor with high efficiency
- Wear resistance from floating impellers
- Protection against upthrust High flow velocity
- Soft-starts reduce wear on motor
- Over- and under-voltage protection
- Overload protection
- Over-temperature protection
- No conventional grid electricity is required. But still also works in grid electricity.
Confused? Don't hesitate to call us.
We'll guide you to choose your ideal product.